Where do I go...

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
....to get a healthy Seahorse? Ill travel some if need be...I want to see and pick it out if possible...Breeders??

Lenny...Chime in bro :)

Not sure if I heard this correct or not but I think Tiffany at BLue Planet said she was getting in some sea ponies. I don't know if they are different than horses. Just thought I would let you know.

Jimmie

Optimum aquarium had some NICE ones--as far as health, I can't say-but all their other stuff is usually in tip top shape

ericmcj31;134981 wrote: Optimum aquarium had some NICE ones--as far as health, I can't say-but all their other stuff is usually in tip top shape

Ill give them a call today...thanks

Did I read somewhere that ORA breeds them? You might try one of our vendors that orders from them.

I kinda wanted to touch and feel...If I spend a couple hundred for a pair Id like to see em if possible

Another vote for Optimum... they usually have a nice seahorse tank running.

No idea, but the nice part is they are usually in the tanks for quite a while so you aren't getting them right off the boat which is what would concern me.

I would make sure to call Greg at optimum and make sure he still has some, but they are always super healthy looking. They also like stated by Cameron usually are in his tanks for a good while. He also has some awesome pipefish that come through there.

Matt

Best LFS seahorse tank I have seen in ATL. Everytime I am in I want to buy the tank and contents.

they dont have any and the guy on the phone wouldnt tell me who the supplier is...said they deal with all kinds...that scares me in ponies...Will keep an eye out though...My kellogis are still doing well

Personally, I'm a little gunshy of buying a seahorse from a LFS unless they got it directly from a dedicated breeding facility. There's too much chance of them being wild caught if they cant guarantee that they came directly to that lfs from a reputable breeder, and not through a middleman. I would recommend ordering from one of the dedicated facilities that breed them on site, have the pathogen-free guarantee.. already trained them to eat frozen foods, etc...

I will be ordering a new pair shortly, and am doing my research right now on where I want to get them since my fav. place is out of stock (and probably out of business, lol). I'll let ya know what I find in the next day or two.

(and no offense to the lfs's that sponsor the club... If you can guarantee me the above conditions, then I'd be happy to talk to yall about purchasing them, but so far unless I special order them, I havent found anyone that can, so i've gotten mine from the facilities such as ocean rider and draco marine so far... the one horse I took a chance on from a lfs died very quickly).

Back