Where do you keep your Setosa?

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
I've been having some issues with my Setosas. I've tried a couple of different places in the tank and I just can't seem to find a place where they are happy. I've lost one and trying to keep from loosing the other 2.

So with that...where do you keep yours? High, middle, low in the tank. High light or low light. High flow or low flow?

Jeff, I have two in my 125g, 1 is about 8" from the bottom the other is about 12" from the bottom. One has a area that is shaded by the bean overflow that does not do as well. The lighting is 3-250w MH and 8 39w T-5's. I have a few frags that are under 6 39w T-5's in a 40g breeder, they do great under them. Holley:D

Pretty high. I'd say about 10 inches from water line? Maybe 8.
09994bceee46b50ecb4c6303ec345ae1.jpg
alt="" />

Older crappier pic

I'll send a picture if my monster tomorrow when the lights come on.

Bgcoop8784;1008196 wrote: Honestly haven't found anywhere in my tank that my setosa doesn't like. I've got 5 frags of the same small colony that I kinda broke...and they are at all different heights and flow. The one that seems to be growing the fastest and best color is at about the middle of the tank, the one on the bottom and very top don't have as good of color, but still showing growth.

I would echo this. Obviously there's one on the left getting full on blast from 400w MH and then another all the way on the right under a shaded shelf from the Spongode.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

I have mine about half way down in my 150. My Maxspect Razors are about 10 inches from the top. They are sitting in moderate to high flow and growing like crazy.

Back