Where to buy acrylic

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
Anyone tell me where to buy acrylic? Same stuff those nice little frag boxes are made out of?

There is a place in Lawerenceville. I think that it is called Calsak or something like that. They have the best prices (I have been told). I need some acrylic as well. How much do you need and what size/thickness?

I just need some to play with...maybe two to four square feet? Does it come in 1/8th inch or so?

go to home depot they sell acrylic 1/4 inch thick 34 x34 i believe for about 34 bucks make sure you get acrylic and not polycarbanate

Lowes will not only sell it to youthey will cut it for you.....a service my local home depot does not offer.

JustOneMoreTank;82383 wrote: There is a place in Lawerenceville. I think that it is called Calsak or something like that. They have the best prices (I have been told). I need some acrylic as well. How much do you need and what size/thickness?

Calsak? do you have a location or phone number?

I am interested too, I am looking for some acrylic tubes to make a diy reactor. Would be great if I can get them local and not pay shipping.

Try this link.
Locations, address and phone number. :)

http://www.calsakplastics.com/loc.shtm">http://www.calsakplastics.com/loc.shtm</a>

Let me know if you are going to make a trip and get any acrylic... I need a sheet.

You can get just about anything you need acrylic-related at
a>. There's one in Tucker and one in Smyrna.

Calsak carries Acyricast.... I've been told numerous times be acrylic professionals to NEVER use that stuff for a tank. I didn't dive in any further.

3/8" sheet from calsak in the stuff you don't want is $160

3/8" sheet from piedmont plastics in Spartech (best stuff IMHO) is $180

a> also carries Chemcast, good stuff.  You will pay on the shipping though :(

casper75;83046 wrote: balagan
What are you looking for as far as acrylic, Sheets or tubing?
sorry gonna steal your thread just for a sec casper i know you can get this shuff at whole sale but i was wondering can you get me a peace of black acrylic to cover my overflow so light dont get in it and how much thanks victor.....now back to our regular show:D

I'll tag along Casper, if you are offering :)

I need a sheet cut up for a 48x24x12 frag tank :D

I need a sheet as well. I am looking for 3/8". Enough for a sump approx 34x19x18 (plus the internal baffles and bracing around the top...). I also want to put together a Ca Reactor out of the acrylic. I found a pretty cool design on RC that is a rectangular box with an internal divider which gives it basically two chambers. It holds more media in a smaller space than the traditional round tube designs. I just looked and could not find the link on RC. How much acrylic do you think that I will need Brad?

Go to CALSAK Plastics 3105 Sweetwater road Lawrenceville, GA 30044. call Bruce Martin 800.669.7250. He'll take care of you. I just bought some 1/4 inch Acrylic from them to build my refuse.

Victor626nj;83053 wrote: sorry gonna steal your thread just for a sec casper i know you can get this shuff at whole sale but i was wondering can you get me a peace of black acrylic to cover my overflow so light dont get in it and how much thanks victor.....now back to our regular show:D

Might be cheaper to just buy a small piece of 1/8" at HD and paint it black with Krylon Fusion spray paint.Just a thought.

Back