Where to buy gram scales

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Something that is significant to .1 grams, not that I care for 0.1 grams of sodium borate when measuring but it's just more accurate. Where is a good/inexpensive place to buy one?

Thanks.

I might have an extra one. I need to check the significant digits on it. How much capacity do you need? It will be new. Actually I might have one laying around here. It might have traces of white powder on it.

How much are you looking to spend?

But anywhere you can buy "Water Pipes" for tobacco use only..... you usually can pick up a gram scale too.

lol yeah, i would definetely check out love shack, or starship. any adult novelty store/ tobacco shop will have them

Yea, I'm try to fine with with a On/Tare button so I won't need to clean it.

There are several vendors that sell scales on eBay. I bought both a .1 resolution scale and a .01 scale for about $50 each from there.

ah maybe the flea market in the head shop thats if you guys have head shops here in georgia i came from miami and you can find them anywere and for about 20 bucks

After looking for a while I bought my "postage scale" from a head shop. They asked me what it was for and when I told them they looked at me strangely.
Ever feel wierd buying hyperdermic needles, chemicals in bulk and gram scales? "No really its for my fish" Im sure the FBI is watching me and the enourmous power bill.

Gun stores or any place that sells reloading equipment will have accurate scales. They measure gun powder to grains and mine has a gram line on it too. This is a nice one:
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/productview?saleitemid=713372&t=11082005">http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/productview?saleitemid=713372&t=11082005</a>

As a plus you won't have the local narc squad putting you on the druggie list, but you will make it on the ATF/Homeland security list so being a "Chinese/Korean looking guy with food (HA)" you will be on totally different list. J/K

Gun shops usually sell a quality scale as mentioned above. Make sure you get a good one designed to measure small amounts. Some offer high resolution but range into several pounds. Avoid those as they aren't particularly accurate.

Also, Fry's Electronics (Duluth) has a pretty decent selection of scales. You might want to check them out.

thank you guys very much. I'm making my own buffer and calcium and Mg solution, anyone wants some? NIST grade ingredients, as pure as they come.

Back