where to buy Koralia locally?

Last time I went in there, Cappuccino Bay had them as well (and in at least 3 out of the 4 different models, maybe even all 4).

David

Aqua Buys is an LFS in Lawrenceville

>

I just got 2 from Marine Fish last week. I believe they still have plenty in stock.

I just rcvd mine from Aquabuys and it rocks! You will not be disappointed.

dude you don't want one. get a seio you'll be glad you did.....

jdav;56417 wrote: dude you don't want one. get a seio you'll be glad you did.....

I have a seio and I can tell you it is nothing comparable to a koralia. First off Seio is like a maxijet with more flow and a wider nozzle. The flow is very directional in that it will shoot directly across the tank with a 15degree angle. So you're only getting ALOT of flow in one stream, and anything in the path of that stream within 5'' of the powerhead will be dead for sure.

Koralia on the other hand is quad directional flow with a massive spread. The flow it creates from one powerhead is actually very random. If you look at the water movement of corals placed near a koralia the polyps will sway back and forth. Also, If you place a koralia 4-6'' below your water line then it will also create ripples on the water surface which is a very good thing. Seio can't do that.

My seio shoots water to the middle of my tank and is hit with my mag9 pump return. These two currents create some kind of a surge motion and thats the only reason I got the seio. To offset the heavy flow coming from the sump return.

jdav;56417 wrote: dude you don't want one. get a seio you'll be glad you did.....
I had 2 Seio 620's before my Koralias and always had restart problems with them especially after cleaning. I hear the larger Seios don't have this problem, but the two I had were junk compared to the Koralias. Flow aside, the Koralias also come with magnetic mounts and have a much more flexible and easy to use ball joint for directing.

In my opinion, if you're in need of a flow pump in the 1200 gph and lower ranges, the only debate is Hydor Koralia vs. Tunze Nanostream. Thus far, I have seen strong arguments for both. Both have a few design flaws, depending on your intentions.

ouling;56476 wrote: So you're only getting ALOT of flow in one stream, and anything in the path of that stream within 5'' of the powerhead will be dead for sure.

flow.jpg
alt="" />

not that it's a seio or anything but this picture makes me laugh.

anyways, i just don't dig on those koralias. i guess for the same reason you guys like em. i like there to be an impending sense of doom for the first 24 hours any fish or frags show up in the tank.... witches on broom sticks, little black dogs and robots made out of oil cans. you can't let them get to comfortable or they'll all turn on you.....

for real though, none of my stuff seems to dislike being pounded by flow 24-7. for me, the koralias just don't get the job done

Back