where to buy large water/mixing container

cment

Market
Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked many times before, but where should I buy a large water mixing container? Should I go with one of the brutes that is food storage approved or go with one of those blue emergency water storage container...??

Tons of people use the Brutes and tons use barrels. If you go with the barrels be careful to clean it well if you don't know what was stored in it previously.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

The 32 gal brute container at Hardware store is good, and you can buy the wheel attachment for it.

If you have a sump room, or way to plumb from a remote location, poly tanks are great. They are more expensive, but much higher quality. Tractor supply sells them. The PCO style tank is completely sealable and has a large diameter lid.

No sump room yet so this will have to be some what portable

cment;966625 wrote: No sump room yet so this will have to be some what portable

If that's the case, the brute with caster bottom is a really popular option.

I have a clean IBC tank if you want it. It holds like 250+ gallons and was used to transport syrup originally. I have to but they are kinda big.

cment;966614 wrote: do the brutes leach anything short or long term?

None that I have heard of. You can eat out of them as well.LOL

LSU_fishFan;966631 wrote: I have a clean IBC tank if you want it. It holds like 250+ gallons and was used to transport syrup originally. I have to but they are kinda big.

thank you LSU, I would jump on this if I had a sump room but I think it maybe too big right now...

Back