where to get my tank drilled?

gajeep94yj

Market
Reaction score
long time lurker first time poster.....so please excuse any newbie comments...:eek: finally decided to actually sign up this week when I got the approval to take the plung and got my first tank. :yay:

my first step is to prepare the tank. right now I got a wet/dry sump with one of those overflow tanks that hang on the back. I really want to have my tank drilled so I have the overflow permanent in there. I want to get rid of the part that hangs over the tank I (siphon tube?'))

where can I get this tank drilled and the overflow installed? I am in Marietta but I don't mind driving a bit to get it down right. it took me a long time to get the approval to start and almost as long to find the size tank I wanted so I don't want to mess it up.....also worried about just going to any LFS and asking them to do it.

after this I will work on converting the wet/dry bio ball setup to something more appropriote!

thanks guys,

Seth

Check with Chris at Fish Scales (screen name: Fish Scales2). He's probably about an hour from you, but I'm sure he'd be glad to help. I'm sure he'll chime in here shortly.

Eric at the Fish Garden in Newnan can do it for you, but he also is about an hour from you.

Be nice to Dave (grouper_therapy) and he might hook you right up...

LilRobb;500249 wrote: Be nice to Dave (grouper_therapy) and he might hook you right up...
He likes foot rubs and long walks on the beach:D

Just kidding. Another jeep guy NICE! All of those suggestions above are great ones. Contact them and make an appoiintment to load up the tank and take it to them

gajeep,
Go to Atlanta Reef in Chamblee, Alan does all kinds of building and drilling and he's a sponser

Phil

I' ll be in Marietta most of this week if it is small you could bring it by the shop I keep my bits in the truck if it si too big to transport then I'll come to you now worries.Don't worry about the thin glass it is as easy as the thick with the right drill. shoot me a pm

long walks and foot rubs. ok......:yuk:

to answer the questions it's a 55gal, but not the typical long one. it's 18" deep and 18"" tall. that's why it took so long to find one that fit my budget. it also had to fit the living room (so says the wife). also I had read that it was easier to get light to the bottom of the tank with shallower tanks. when I bought it the guy said it was not tempered.....so hopefully he was telling the truth.

Grouper, I will shoot you a PM, I can transport it and would love to see how it's done, I am a more do it myself kind of guy and would like to know for future reference.

Seth

GaJeep94YJ;500305 wrote: long walks and foot rubs. ok......:yuk:

to answer the questions it's a 55gal, but not the typical long one. it's 18" deep and 18"" tall. that's why it took so long to find one that fit my budget. it also had to fit the living room (so says the wife). also I had read that it was easier to get light to the bottom of the tank with shallower tanks. when I bought it the guy said it was not tempered.....so hopefully he was telling the truth.

Grouper, I will shoot you a PM, I can transport it and would love to see how it's done, I am a more do it myself kind of guy and would like to know for future reference.

Seth

Then it must be 39.2 inches long? (yes)

Well my joy has been shattered. After all that time looking for the perfect size aquarium to fit my tiny house it looks like I have been taken.

Upon further inspection I found a tiny label saying "critter tank only, do not fill with water".

More info here:
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=500875#post500875">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=500875#post500875</a>

So the search starts over......

Sorry to hear about the tank not working out. I believe those are the same dimentions as a 40 breeder or 50 breeder. Might look into those size tanks.

That tank has made me so mad I would rather take it out and use it for a target at the range.......

On a side note it is still holding water! But I am not going to risk it. Anyone want a tank for a snake or something.?

GaJeep94YJ;501166 wrote: That tank has made me so mad I would rather take it out and use it for a target at the range.......

On a side note it is still holding water! But I am not going to risk it. Anyone want a tank for a snake or something.?

maybe for my younger sister who is in back from germany temporarily.

Back