Where to put my paly or Palys?

MiggidyMike

Supporting
Reaction score
Ok, I am new. I am building a somewhat majority Zoa and paly tank and whatever comes my way comes my way. But, I have a single Beauty and a Beast Paly. What is the best place to put it? With the zoas, on its own, with other palys? It’s a somewhat new tank? Of course this is only an opinion question. But would mean a lot to me. I predict many more of these questions from me in the future I’ve been hammer drilling holes into these live rock. It sucks, they bust apart and I have to epoxy together again. But I think it’s worth the work‍♂️ I think haha

Attachments

• 3C474DBF-8E40-4C64-B349-C2E004339D4D.jpeg
    3C474DBF-8E40-4C64-B349-C2E004339D4D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • CD180A8B-957D-408D-B557-33EF182BE2F2.jpeg
    CD180A8B-957D-408D-B557-33EF182BE2F2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Ok, I’ll make a solo rock for it. Do you guys think I should place it high, medium, or low in the tank? I’m talking for lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What lights are you running? I always start my corals low and acclimate them to my tank's lighting and flow. If it starts to get stressed and not recovering after a couple days I'll move it to lower flow area and see if it improves.

My lights are 2 vipar spectra and 1 ocean revive. My other 2 vipar spectras fell in the water. Ok, this paly has been low and seems fine. I’ll move it to mid range and see how it does.

My lights are 2 vipar spectra and 1 ocean revive. My other 2 vipar spectras fell in the water. Ok, this paly has been low and seems fine. I’ll move it to mid range and see how it does.

If it is happy, colors are good and open in its current spot you don't have to move it. You can keep it in that region of your tank unless you want it somewhere specific.

I see, I kind of do want it in a different spot only because I want it on the solo rock now, due to suggestions. But if it doesn’t do as well. I’ll just place it back at that current elevation. What I got from you was a good tip tho. Start low. And try out other elevations to see results. Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back