Which ATO

I use the tunze and have no complaints. The optical sensor is awesome.

Crew;1015409 wrote: I use the tunze and have no complaints. The optical sensor is awesome.

+2
I love mine and it has never given me problems.

If it helps your decision at all, both ATO's use an optical eye to monitor water levels, but the Tunze has a float switch backup. I don't think the autoaqua does.

Crew;1015545 wrote: If it helps your decision at all, both ATO's use an optical eye to monitor water levels, but the Tunze has a float switch backup. I don't think the autoaqua does.

Ok I didn't know that. But it sounds like alot of people have success with the tunze.

If you set up the Tunze system, the optical eye is fairly straight forward and then a float switch sits about a centimeter above it. This guarantees that your system doesn't pour a ton of freshwater in. It also has a built in timer to turn everything off after 10 minutes regardless of what the sensors say, although I can't imagine ever hitting the 10 minute timer.

I use a gravity fed drip method, no pumps, no sensors, no switches. Just a drip valve for drip irrigation. once I got it dialed in, its full proof.

benpoole28;1015573 wrote: I use a gravity fed drip method, no pumps, no sensors, no switches. Just a drip valve for drip irrigation. once I got it dialed in, its full proof.

I would but there is no room

The Hydor model works well too, IMO. It's sensors are not optical, but rather work differently. No float switches to get stuck at all.

a>

Back