which new t5 ballast?

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
ok, so right now, I have (8) 60", 80w T5s over my DT. They are powered by 3 ice caps (660, 660, 430) with 3 bulbs, 3 bulbs, and 2 bulbs respectively wired.

I just bought all new bulbs lol!

Both the 660s went out. Checked fuse and it is not it.

What are my options on replacing them? I read the threads and kinda have an idea, but it is better if you guys would just say this is A, this is B. Pick one. )

Do I need other wiring harnesses?

not sure if I want to replace the ic430 right now...

thanks!

Mike

a>

^ I thought about those, but I wanted to try "regular" ballasts this time. as in not the ic or vue overdrive ones...

thanks!

Take a look at the Fulham Workhorse ballasts, if you don't want to go with the IC/coralvue ballasts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Workhorse ballast were named properly for sure. They are workhorses!!! I've used them in the past.

I believe that the 660's can be rebuilt. I'm not sure if they still offer the program or not.

Wonder what went wrong w 660... Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idk
the one has lights flicker for a sec when i plug it in, but they are brand new bulbs, so not that (esp on 2 ballasts :eek:)

I have heard bad things about the workhorses... from what I have read, the HEP and Advance are "best".

anyone have anything for 80w bulbs - exp wise??

Weird my 660 ballasts never gave me a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't you run a better ballast now that you have the option? Use what ATI uses - HEP ballasts.

^^ that is what is said... just unsure where to get them! I can't find the "80wx2 model" anywhere...

1mbrews8;1027866 wrote: idk
the one has lights flicker for a sec when i plug it in, but they are brand new bulbs, so not that (esp on 2 ballasts :eek:)

I have heard bad things about the workhorses... from what I have read, the HEP and Advance are "best".

anyone have anything for 80w bulbs - exp wise??

That's not the ballast, but a connection issue. IceCap used to have a document on their site about this. They called for a continuity test if the bulbs flashed and then went off. Check the wiring connections and the endcaps.

1mbrews8;1027882 wrote: ^^ that is what is said... just unsure where to get them! I can't find the "80wx2 model" anywhere...
Might want to email ATI, I know they have parts available, might be able to buy the ballasts through them.

^ thanks!
all the lights connected to one ballast flashed so i think ballast issue.. the other, none light up so not sure..

Back