which one for flow through my close loop

just hanging

Market
Reaction score
im in the middle of making a 75g sps tank and which pump would you recomend snapper or dart? thanks

Depends on how you are doing your CL nad what type of corals you are planning on keeping.

Well, remember, you do not have head height with a CL, you get some loss due to 90 degree elbows but . So the snapper is something like 2,500 gph and the dart is like 3,600 gph. If you are only going to have 4 holes, then the snapper is enough for a soft coral or LPS tank but cutting it close for a SPS tank. If you are going to make the outputs restrict with loc-line flared nozzels then you might get away with it for an SPS tank. To give you an idea, I have my CL running around the rim (so it is hidden from view) with 5 outputs running from a Mag 18 and it is not enough for most SPS in most areas. So my advice is to go bigger so you can add more outputs later or restrict the flow from the begining to suit your needs.

Couldn't have said it better. Instead of retired pres can you put guru?

Smoothie;316651 wrote: Couldn't have said it better. Instead of retired pres can you put guru?

LOL, most people think I am too pompous as it is (although I am far from it, I am just right!) ;) I do not think a title change would go over well, but thats for the vote of support. That is why I wish we still had Rep points around here.

Back