which tile saw to frag with?

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a tile saw to frag some chalices and acans but I don't know much about them like what model to get or what blade to get. What is the best model and blade to buy? What is the cheapest place to get them?
Thanks Diane

You can find one at Harbor Freight Tools...for $60 you cant go wrong...then $10 for the diamond blade to go with it...

displayitem.taf

And a 7" for $18 ...not sure I would buy this one though, that seems too cheap but who knows...

displayitem.taf

I'd look into a wet band saw. You are able to make more precise cuts with those, especially if your fragging acans.

Mockery;407475 wrote: I'd look into a wet band saw. You are able to make more precise cuts with those, especially if your fragging acans.

bclark7169;407489 wrote: +1

The links I provided are wet saws...but yes you are right..

I just googled wet band saw for sale and it seems the cheapest is around $300...does anyone know one thats a little cheaper :) I'm not fraging acans any time soon but thats what I'd like to do eventually. I might just start out with a cheaper one and then buy a better one when I start fragging more.

I have a 7" wet saw with diamond coated blade that has worked well for me, however if I was doing it again I think I would look into the wet band saws as others have suggested.

Hoenstly I wouldnt waste your money buying a wet band saw unless you are intending on making a business out of this...a tile saw cuts fine for the average user...

I didn't look, are the band saws that much more expensive? I think I paid about $70 at Home Depot for my circular saw and it certainly has worked well, but there isn't a lot of precision to it.

ok i dont know anything about fragging ok. but why wouldnt a drimel tool work for light duty fragging?

I think a lot of people have used a dremel for light to moderate fragging. A saw just takes it to the next level.

James, sorry I missed Diane's earlier comment about it being $300. I'm with you, I'd forget about that and go with the circular saw.

I've used a variable speed dremel with the flex line without any issues. You can get in closer with these, they're inexpensive and the blades cut through without any issues.

I just picked up a 7" tile wet saw with diamond blade at home deopot for $80. I'm reading the instructions right now :thumbs:

twistoflime;408036 wrote: I just picked up a 7" tile wet saw with diamond blade at home deopot for $80. I'm reading the instructions right now :thumbs:

Sweet! Let us know how you like it!

Back