Who has an emperor angel...in there reef?

davidinga

Market
Reaction score
I've got a mixed reef (210gal) that is slowly moving towards a dedicated sps tank and have the imp-itch.

Who has one and what have been your experiences with different corals?

I'm looking to buy a juvenile soon (I hope)...

Thanks

I do. It's a juvenile. So far, he/she has been a model citizen. They nip here and there but the key is keeping the tank fed so that the nipping is minimal and it appears to be mostly just grazing. I've never seen it actually nip at any coral or clam.

I did at one point. He decimated lps, but left everything else alone.

I've had an http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+18+351&pcatid=351">Annularis</a> for the past year. Got him as a dime size Juvi. He's now in terminal phase and as large as my Powder Blue. I run a super heavy acro dominated tank that also has Z's, LPS, and NPS. I keep the tank well fed and haven't had any serious problems yet. I don't get polyp extension from my Fungia plate since his arrival but have never actually seen him nip it.

Don't be afraid to try one if you're ok with the possible consequences. FWIW- I've had CUC's do more damage to acro colonies than any of the several angels I have.

I have thought about adding a emperor to my 250 once it gets set up. They are one of my favorite fish, but the only thing that scares me is the thought of coming home one day and finding my favorite coral has turned into a snack for the emperor.

I did for 10 years. Could keep everything except welsos, acans and clams. She didn't touch sps, zoas or more toxic lps (hammer and frogspawn).

what do you guy/gals think about bi color angels?im wanting to add one to my reef.does anyone keep one in there reef tank?

Back