Who has the cheap led lights off ebay?

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
Well I'm upgrading to a 125g aqurium and right now I have a 92g corner tank, well we have been using 1 AI SOL blue for the past 6+ months and me and my mom love it, well we will need to get 2 more of the fixtures to light the 125g tank and we can't afford it.. So I though about selling the Ai sol to buy some of the cheap leds off ebay. I've heard mixed reviews about them and I would like to see who had them on this club. Also do you like then and do they grow your corals good? And can you program them to do sunrise-sunset and ect.

Thanks, Jacob.

I have one over my 40g cube, I love it. I know there are more members on here that use them.

Can you possibly give me a link to the evergrow light?

i have the cheap leds on ebay, evergrow fixture, i still cant run them on full power and its been 2 weeks or more, the color is great the brightness is great, too soon to say about growth.
this is the one i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evergrow-Dimmable-Full-Spectrum-D120-120W-LED-Light-For-Reef-saltwater-aquarium-/330900426092?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0b33cd6c">
Evergrow Dimmable Full Spectrum D120 120W LED Light For Reef saltwater aquarium
</a>
i'd also like to add that i cant run them on 50% either and i bought the ones without optics and my tank is a 65g and it penetrates very well, stuff on the sand still bleached at first.

Wait so you can't run them over 50% and they bleach your corals? Must be a powerful light.

Now can you hook those up to let's say.. A reefkeeper to make multiple timers? Like the AI SOL does? I would love to do that.

not sure about controller compatibilty i still cant afford one :doh:
byt they have great customer service send them a message and ask, they respond fast

I've seen some controllers like reefkeeper a for about 80$ used.

If you spring for the reefbreeder photon fixtures they are programmable and rampable if you go with the value fixtures or the evergrows I havnt heard of a good way to program them other than pluging them into separate timers and having them come on one channel at a time I have a evergrow and a friend of mine has a reefbreeder value and I have seen really good growth and color from both

What kind was the evergrow? Theirs the d120 and the it2040

I think I'm going to go with the d120 as the it2040 is a little out of my price range.

I have the d120s over my 90 I don't have an issue with them.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I have two of the Evergrow D120's with 90 degree lenses on my 90 and couldn't be happier. I have a mixed reef but mostly SPS and all my corals are growing like weeds, it's amazing! I run the blues at 100% and the "whites" (multi colored including UV) at about 30% intensity. I have had them on my tank for about a year now.

They have UV!? Wow they actually have them... Defienetly getting these.

Back