Who here has made there own live rock?

Yup,

t'was Dakota, Loren and myself - great lil party at his house and the outcome is somewhat presentable...

Dakota took some,
I can snap some in a bit of the outcome, it is fairly easy and doesn't require a lot equipment.
I made a sculpture looking awfully close to the Georgia 'G' LOL, I should grow red zoas over it and sell it here. haha

LilRobb;377092 wrote: Dakota took some,
I can snap some in a bit of the outcome, it is fairly easy and doesn't require a lot equipment.
I made a sculpture looking awfully close to the Georgia 'G' LOL, I should grow red zoas over it and sell it here. haha

Or i could just come over and break it. It would look so much better in a couple of peices. (GO Jackets!!!)

I have to apologize for this one already:

At least you can't kick my butt....

I made all of mine with the exception of 30# of 180#. Used the garf recipe. You can go to there website and get there recipe.

grouper therapy;377105 wrote: I made all of mine with the exception of 30# of 180#. Used the garf recipe. You can go to there website and get there recipe.

a>

Thanks scrilla that is the site. I used a wheel barrel full of fine sand and slightly wet it to form a mold. You can put your mixture in and then put some of the loose sand in different places. Then when it sets up you can remove the loose sand. That makes some interesting rock.

made about 80-90 lbs of the rock in my 180, along with many other pieces. White portland cement, crushed oyster shells, sand, and a lot of time.

I completely forgot about my diy rock...it's in the back of my toilet.

lilrobb;377098 wrote: i have to apologize for this one already:

At least you can't kick my butt....

o.............................m............................g.................

Back