Who here uses only T5 lights and what are you keeping under them?

Maybe DerekS will chime in. I went to see his tank and it is well on it's way to becoming one of the best tanks around. It is a t5 tank

I am keeping all types of corals, including sps. Many others are as well.

But the ability to keep various corals under t5s differs between each tank, depending on all the details or your setup, such as tank dimensions (particularly depth), wattage of the t5s, the quality of the lamps/fixture, distance from water surface, type of reflector, etc etc.

I keep pretty much everything, have limited SPS currently but have a clam as well

Well it is going to be over a 75 gal and all the lights each have their own refractor, but I'm not sure how high they will be but they will be in a canopy.

i keep multiple SPS, zoa's, softies, and LPS in my tank under TEK t5's

You will probably be pretty pleased. A 75 is a good canidate for a t5 tank since it isnt too deep. FYI, my tank is 27" deep, and gets decent light. Granted I overdrive my t5s, but still not bad.

I keep zoas, softies, LPS and SPS. All mine are growing great. My fixture also isn't that expensive either. but it has some good bulbs in it though.

4x39w 36" long

I just got rid of my 90 gallon and am upgrading to the larger tank. I ran all T5's on the tank with any sps, clams, zoas, basically anything as long as its not to deep.

I have a 75 gal tank with 288 watts of t5s. I keep anything I want.
3 clams
sps-good growth
softies
zoas

Well what I will be getting is a four bulb setup so I think that is @216watts if im correct.

im using a current nova extreme pro love them and all my corals and fish do,my main display is all LPS and SPS plus fish lets not forget them

I have a 50G (4' long, 18" deep) with 5 54W T5s in an aquactinics fixture. It's probably too much light, to be honest. I think I could keep anything anywhere in the tank, but really only SPS can survive in the top half of the tank... my poor frogspawn is on the edge of its tolerance, I think.

I have a 90g with 8x54w. I am keeping everything but a clam. Zoa's, LPS, SPS, softies and leathers. Does a good job and puts out nice light.

I have 6 over my 90 galloon and keep everything including SPS and a crocea and maxima clam. All my SPS are about half way down the tank and are growing nicely.

Back