Who Knows How To Change Out A Fan Unit In A Coralife Clip-On Fixture?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
Can Someone walk me through the process? Tell me which replacement fan I should get?

I once opened up my first Odyssea MH fixture to change out the fan and never got that sucker back together properly...

Ive replaced a bunch of fans in several coralife units but never one of those. One problem that Coralife has is (in my experience) that they change everything so very often. We have 3 different ballast types for the 65 watt pc fixtures. However the later models have been a lot easier to work with and use pigtails for thier fans. Also coralife tends to be nice about sending replacement parts. You could try to contact them after you identify which fan you need.

Hm, thanks.....

I'll go google the replacement fan requirements...

Contact Central Aquatics http://www.oceanicsystems.com/contact/">http://www.oceanicsystems.com/contact/</a>

Yes that's the Oceanic site but if you go to Coralife's old site it redirects you here. They likely can send you a replacement if the unit is still reasonably new.

The only replacement fans I see in my distributor's catalog are 2 1/2" ones that are found in the CF aqualights. I don't know if they use the same fans universally.

If they can't help you out, let me know, I'll see what I can find out/do for you.

We replace fans in all kinds of units, all the time. I have a couple of "salvage" units that still have working fans - if it's the same small fan I probably have one here.

Jenn

Thanks Jenn,

The fan it'self looks to be 1.5" across. Rather small, but the Clamp-on is a very compact fixture.

I was a bit suprised to find that Coralife, Oceanic and Central Aquatics were all part of the same conglomerate. Central Aquatics is a customer where I work.

Coralife, Oceanic, All-Glass (aka Aqueon), Kent, ESU, RZilla, Kaytee....

I don't even know all of them (just the aquatics ones).

Yep they gobbled them all up, even our own local, Kent (which used to be here in Acworth).

Jenn

Back