Who likes Carpets! Meats and Donuts!

dawgface

Market
Reaction score
Unfortunately I just walked in the room to see my green carpet tangling from a vortech. Luckily it was barely I'm there but unfortunately it will be some time before its fully healed and back to its beautiful glory.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1018679=59915-20150222_150047.jpg
>
1018679=59915-20150222_150047.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20150222_150047.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1018679=59914-20150222_150310.jpg
>
1018679=59914-20150222_150310.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20150222_150310.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Tbub1221;1018682 wrote: Dang , glad it wasn't dangerously damaged it's a very pretty setup.

Thank you!

Yea I'm guess minutes before total tank meltdown. All because I added a gyre and pissed it off. Kinda weird U set the pump and sat around watching for atleast an hour. What drew me into the room was a loud splashingnaound. The pump had somehow increased dramatically In flow even though it was already at 100%.... Not sure what happened.

Glad it pulled through for you and luckily it want your blue gig.

Very nice. Not small imo....except for the fish being so close to those carpets. I had a monster green carpet many many years ago and it was hungry for all kinds of fish, lol.

Mystery_me;1018703 wrote: I thought u were putting all of the carpets in a separate tank

I did but as I added one at a time they sat perfectly where I wanted them.

I DO, I DO!
Absolutely Beautiful!!

Wow glad you were home and heard it!
I keep the black filter covers on my Vortech's after my prize RBTA got mangled. I had lost the covers durning a move, called Echotech the next AM and they sent me more over night, free!
The covers are ugly and a PITA to keep clean but my tank was trashed when it happened!

How low do you guys sit your vortechs? I can't imagine an RBTA climbing up the glass. I guess they go up the rockwork? I hear about anemones and vortechs pretty frequently.

Crew;1018785 wrote: How low do you guys sit your vortechs? I can't imagine an RBTA climbing up the glass. I guess they go up the rockwork? I hear about anemones and vortechs pretty frequently.

My guess was when it released its foot the strong undertow caught it and sucked it in...

Crew;1018785 wrote: How low do you guys sit your vortechs? I can't imagine an RBTA climbing up the glass. I guess they go up the rockwork? I hear about anemones and vortechs pretty frequently.

I added the new gyre that for reason still unidentified increased flow by tremendous proportions aimed directly at the anemone. I imagine in an attempt to find the best place it found itself on the side of the vortech.

Aside from this instance I've seen all types of anemones climbing glass in search of a permanent spot. In my experience though anemones are not that hard to figure out given parameters of the tank are met. I've never really had a problem with walkers or floaters. Even now the green was put back in its spot from before the incident and its happily attached again and in recoup.

LSU_fishFan;1018705 wrote: Very nice tank!!! Love the one at the bottom left, what is it?

Some kind of trachy I think. I had almost the exact looking one that I sold when I got out the last time. Took awhile but finally sourced one again... I think they "name" it UFO.

If you like the pattern Jorge at Pure Reef has a KILLER UFO scolly that has Thais pattern but better, much better. Just pricey!

Beautiful tank!

So glad to hear you caught the anemone before it go shredded. I had a major tank crash years ago, due to a large LTA and a Koralia.

Back