Who out there has a nice custom stand?

oldedb

Market
Reaction score
Looking for ideas on a custom stand for a 120G tank. Anything that is a must have feature? I know I need to be conscious of height for sump/skimmer etc... but I have also seen some stands with different door options to make working under the tank easy. Also looking for recommendations on someone to build it.

Thanks!

grouper therapy will build you a quaily stand at a competitive price. He built mine.
showthread.php

There is a "fancy stands" thread on RC that has some very cool stands. One has an octopus in stained glass on the front of the canopy.

If I was getting a new stand now, I'd get a steel frame and use magnetic wood panels to skin it. TinManUnited here had one like that.

If you have room.... separate the electrical components from the wet environment. And a door on the end to access the sump is a good idea.

showthread.php

I definitely would recommend an acrylic tray built in to the stand. It will solve so many headaches down the road.

I'm bidding out a custom tank right now and want a "forever stand" with it. Who locally should I get some quotes from? Want a very modern clean look with plenty of access.

I see grouper therapy and....

tonymission;962254 wrote: I'm bidding out a custom tank right now and want a "forever stand" with it. Who locally should I get some quotes from? Want a very modern clean look with plenty of access.

I see grouper therapy and....

and Allen. I've seen a couple of the ones he's done on here and they look great.

Dustin, aka RedEDGE2k1, does excellent work although I haven't seen him around in awhile.

I built my own stand. Doors on 3 sides with a slide out electronic's cabinet on the backside of the stand. All equipment mounted to a drilled board recessed into the slide out cabinet and false back for cables entering the side. Its for a cube which is the biggest reason I chose to do things the way I did.
electcabinet.jpg
alt="" />

wetcabinet.jpg
alt="" />

@ Feh - That stand is probably the nicest most functional appearing stand I've ever seen. Is the tank in service now, and is the stand as functional as it appears?

Allen, that's great work man! Checked 'em all out and see I even replied to a thread awhile back. As soon as I get all tank quotes back and have specs finalized, I'll reach out to you!

Feh -- Loving your setup too. That slide out for apex access is brilliant!

Back