Who run Radion G3 Pro on SPS dominated tank?

thanhreef

Market
Reaction score
I just sold my AI Sols which were used as supplement for 6 ATI 39W T5. Now, it's time to upgrade it. I can do either add another 2 more ATI bulbs or go all the way with LED. So far, I like both Hydra 52 and Radion G3 pro and am leaning to Radion G3 pro.

tank size is 40"x25"x25" and SPS dominated. Two G3 pros will give a lot of power.

I did research, read and watch videos a lot online. Who here has run Radion G3 Pro on SPS dominated tank for at least 4 months? How is the SPS result?

Thank you,
Thanh

Old setup:

It will grow and give color based on your spectrum choice. I used to have the G2 and it grew pretty well. I had a schedule that ran 10,000k during the day for 4hours and 20,000K for the remainder of the lighting period.

New setup:

I have since then switched to T5 to try it out and to save fixture costs and get less shadows in my tank. I originally had the XR15 which was cool but the cost for two fixtures is greater than just one 36" 6 bulb ati fixture.

I was about to purchase 2 Radion G3 Pro and I came cross ATI Sirius X4 LED Fixture. Need to research more :shout::shout::shout:

DSC_0070_009_zps4a9f6546.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0076_013_zps70c61462.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0082_014_zpsbf85b5a9.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0083_015_zps78075d02.jpg
alt="" />

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">ATI introduces LED only light | Interzoo 2014 - YouTube</div>

Big fixture a small amount of LEDs. It looks nice but from looking at that tank that fixture hasn't been over long.

yeah, it just came out a few months ago. There is no English instructions included... LOL

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">Radion XR15w Pro im Test - The Ring - - YouTube</div>

I went through 36 pages on http://nanoriffe.de/">http://nanoriffe.de/</a>. Love Google Translate. I don't think Sirius is ready for SPS dominated tank. For that reason, Sirius is not my list any more.

[B]Go back Hydra 52 vs Radion G3 Pro:[/B] There are two tanks that I really love

[B]Hydra 52:[/B] [IMG]http://www.ultimatereef.net/TOTM/2014_may/">Reefbloke May 2014 TOTM</a>

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">REEF BLOKE APRIL 2014 - YouTube</div>

[B]Radion G3 Pro:[/B]
<div class="gc_ifarem_title">Gary's SPS Reef Tank - YouTube</div>

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">2 years Schwings Reef Tank 500l (130gal) / powered by Ecotech Radion xr30w Pro, Vortech mp40W & NYOS - YouTube</div>

Tomorrow, I am going to order a pair of either AI or Radion. It's tough

Radions all the way.

Stop by and pick them up..got 'em in stock with your name plastered all over them :D

Why not the ATI/led hybrid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MvM;989528 wrote: Why not the ATI/led hybrid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was on my list too and I saw it on your tank. It's amazing beautiful. It's still one of the best fixtures, but it would cook my tank if it was hung inside a canopy. ATI does not support that. I want give LED another try :)

I'd like to see your tunze 6105s, please text me when you have time. Thank you

G3 Pro on 30G/24" tank. This pic is about a month old. New growth since then.

1D9FEB77-0FB5-4F7E-A537-D640D863AB2B.jpg
alt="" />

Here is w couple months growth, maybe closer to 6 weeks.
36C7AE3D-1902-4CC9-AB35-2380425220C2.jpg
alt="" />

Back