Who was looking for the golden dwarf eel?

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
I want it so bad it makes me sick.:sick:
a>

blackwolfl;156075 wrote: thats a decent price. but marine fish had 2 a them a few days ago and they are $250. With your 30% discount it will put it at 175 almost the same price for the one on ebay

Actually, now they just have <u>one</u>.

:shades:

blackwolfl;156118 wrote: oh lol i thought you went already, want it yes. budget for it right now, unfortunatly no.

Someday I'll have an achilles, but I'll say *hello* to the naso for you.

And thanks for the heads-up on the moray.

blackwolfl;156120 wrote: saltwater city has an achilles for 69.99

From everything I've read, this is a difficult fish for the experienced reefer. I have to just look-and-not-buy for now.

:'(

FutureInterest;156130 wrote: Woo! Linda lets see some pics of the GDM! :)

Haven't fetched him yet. Patrick is holding him for me @ Marine Fish.

Jin... question.

They have an adult (10") and one smaller (8"). Which would you get? Patrick assures me both are eating well and showing no signs of stress.

I thought I should opt for the smaller one. since this guy will be in a 20g until my 90g is well established.

Yah go for the smaller one. The smaller ones are actually more valuable as they acclimate to prepared foods easier. Personally though the size difference here is not significant so I would get the one with better coloration if all else is equal.

Try to get them to feed it in the store so you can see it eat. These are always net caught so there is no cyanide risks. However they are expensive and you want to make sure you start with a healthy specimen.

I've been feeding mine fresh squid from the farmer's market, krill, and table shrimp.

FutureInterest;156138 wrote: Yah go for the smaller one. The smaller ones are actually more valuable as they acclimate to prepared foods easier. Personally though the size difference here is not significant so I would get the one with better coloration if all else is equal.

Didn't think about the color. Thanks!

FutureInterest;156138 wrote: Try to get them to feed it in the store so you can see it eat.

Patrick said to feed the eel just once a week. I thought you fed yours daily?

FutureInterest;156138 wrote: These are always net caught so there is no cyanide risks. However they are expensive and you want to make sure you start with a healthy specimen.

Healthy specimen. Yes, I've definitely learned that lesson.

Jin, you should just go with newbies as a buying consultant. You could charge by the hour.

;)

FutureInterest;156138 wrote: I've been feeding mine fresh squid from the farmer's market, krill, and table shrimp.

I'll stop by Harry's ... that's the only thing I can think of between here and Johnson Ferry Road.

Linda Lee;156162 wrote:
Patrick said to feed the eel just once a week. I thought you fed yours daily?

The online resources I've read are kinda sparse on care info. Feeding once a week is what I've read as well but my actual experience varies from that.

I offer mine food daily. It eats for certain every other day but it will sometimes eat daily. I'd rather the lil guy never go hungry as that's when they begin to wander. I'm confident that my tank is escape proof but I'd rather not give him any incentive to try.

Back