Who's the local jabeo expert/repair man?

gajeep94yj

Market
Reaction score
I have a jabeo dc9000 return pump that has ran flawlessly. Until last night. Pushed feed, feed fish, never came back on

I've competently disassembled it and cleaned it. I can get it too spin but I have to use my finger and start it spinning first.

It's like it's not getting enough power. I can't get it apart any further.

Where should I start first? Controller or pump? Should I disassemble the pump further to get to the windings?

Can you buy replacement motors? Or are they about as expensive as a whole new return pump?

Thanks
Seth

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pump needs replaced, same thing happened to two powerheads on my tank about a month ago

Could be the controller too. Have u swap out to a different controller and test. Anything getting stuck the the impeller?

I don't have any other pieces to swap out to test. I have taken the pump apart and cleaned it shiny. Even took the snap ring off and cleaned all that.

I just bought a new one on amazon. It came with a new controller but it's still in the box

I was going to be able to find just the pump

Based on the the way the problem started I think it's most likely a bad controller. You can pick them up for about $20 including freight from Amazon or Ebay.

To verify take Brett up on his offer. Test the pump with his controller & his pump with your controller.

Back