Wire management without canopy

Dmac

Market
Reaction score
I am past ready to take the canopy off my rimmed 120 gallon tank. Does anybody have any pictures of a similar setup and how you manage your wires for the wave makers coming out of the tank?

I’m using these Innovative Marine lid clips to secure cables from power heads to the back of the tank rim. It should prevent the MP 40 from falling to the floor, if the wet/dry sides become uncoupled. I just drill a hole in the tab wide enough for a small zip tie to go through. Secure the cable to clip using a zip tie & mount clip to rim of tank.

I’m using them on rimless tanks & don’t know how wide you trimmed tank is? But they go up to 15mm (0.6 inches), so may work for you too? You just mount them backwards, so the tab points out away from the tank. Mount your powerheads, secure the cable to tab using zip tie through the drilled hole & leave a little slack in the cable.

You can also use adhesive zip tie mounts, but they aren’t as secure & will need replacement periodically. Be sure to clean glass thoroughly prior to mounting, rubbing alcohol (or vodka) will do. So may be best for just routing cable, & not preventing a falling Vortech, as they can pull off.

Back