Wish.com

karl

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking to start a 180 gallon reef rank, anyone ordered any equiptment from wish ?

I've never heard of that particular site but I have seen similar websites that offer amazing deals on aquarium items. However, those deals usually are too good to be true and you can read some horror stories on R2R about a few of them. Long story short, I'd avoid buying something like a tank from them. 180 is popular size and they come up for sale on a somewhat regular basis. If you're looking for something new, it's always best to get it locally or from a big name, reputable on line vendor for the support they can offer. Not only can they help you out with setup and questions but (more importantly) you'll have support for any warranty claims that you might have to make.

I was going to poke around on wish.com and see what some of the deals were but it required a login and I didn't want to give them any information just so I could poke around. However, I did see a banner and some of the deals really did look too good to be true.

The items are shipped from China and will usually take between 2-4 weeks to receive. Just keep that in mind if you buy something.

Personally, I would avoid it, especially for equipment. Plenty of good deals to be found from members here and you can post in the Want to Buy section if you are looking for something specific, or browse the Drygoods forum.

MA Fishguy on YouTube had a series of videos earlier this year on items that he bought from Wish... most were more geared towards freshwater though.

Back