with what i got what would be a better flow pattern

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
ok so i have been looking at the flow in my tank and i think i have some dead spots i dont want to add another powerhead,and i cant put them on a pulse mode cause they are koralia so i was thinking would i get a better flow if lets say i put both koralias on one side of the tank and my return facing the same way or should i leave it the way it is now here is a picture
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
100736=6247-clowns 005.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
100736=6247-clowns 005.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="clowns 005.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Oh Yeah They Dont Cancel Each Other Out One Is Towards The Backk And The Other Is Towards The Front

I have two Koralias in my tank, and I have them in the corners on the back, facing forward and slightly in. That way they work together, and water flows across the top of the tank, down the front, and backwards across the bottom.

Circular, go with the flow, like a merry-go-round- around and around, up and down

i had them like that but didnt like the flow. oh i hate to love this hobby im going to go bankrupted!!!!!!!!
but waite if i do that with all my flow going one way wont it be the same concept

Thought I'd try to make my post interesting enough to read.......

I was thinking bout starting a thread on the same topic! I have a 65g 36" long tank. Right now I have my return (Mag 5) and 1 moded Tunze 6025 blowing in the same direction. I just bought a moded maxi-jet and not sure where to put it. I'd like to have all three blowing in the same direction, but opposing is good too..... Any suggestions from the experts?

I would take both of them and put them on one side and get the whole tank rolling. Use the right side and point them both toward the left. Use your return nozzle and point it at the potential dead spots in the right hand corners.

After about 30 minutes of the flow running laminar like this you should see the potential of this type water circulation pattern. Then you will of course need two more pumps and some sort of cycle timer system so you can run each pair/side in a 6 hour alternating tidal sequence. :thumbs:

Back