Worried about GBTA....

rhodan

Market
Reaction score
I have a new GBTA about a week old and it still has not eaten...He looks fine but has moved himself into the back of the tank and I tried feeding silverside fish but he just curls up and retreats. Should I be worried or just let him be?

You may want to try feeding some little pieces of raw shrimp. My GBTA love that and take it every time. He's probably still trying to aclimate too, just give it time.

Right now I'm running only my actinics for about 5 days now while battling a green hair alega problem. But normally I would run my (3) MH 230w 15k too. Do you think that has something to do with it hinding in the back??..I just purchased a RBTA last night from a fellow club member and he is doing GREAT ate the silverside that the GBTA didn't want. The GBTA and the RBTA both look great...I'm concern with the GBTA hinding in the back and not eating all week.

Both of my GBTA are in the back of my tank. Dont worry, they move where they think best for them. They get nutrients from the water also.

I have t-5's too, but mine was healthy enough to split last week so I quess he was happy.

Back