worried

hankhill31

Supporting
Reaction score
last night i connected carbon and gfo to the tank not sure if this is the reason y but now my goby has unpaired with my pistol shrimp and swimming out at the top of the tank as if he gonna get suck to my shadow overflow download (52).jpgdownload (53).jpgdownload (54).jpg he left the shrimp behind download (55).jpg

I don't see how carbon or GFO could cause that - but have you taken both off line to confirm?

I don't see how carbon or GFO could cause that - but have you taken both off line to confirm?

turned off just to check he still acting funny now that the lights are off on my reef he is on the bottom of the tank but open in the open he wont even go by my rock work wonder if he scared of my new banded brittle star
download (57).jpgdownload (58).jpg

My watchman leaves his shrimp buddy every once in a while, usually after I’ve done some major rock moves or other changes in the tank. He suddenly starts swimming all over the tank, at all levels (kinda looks like he’s surfing). He has been known to do this for a couple days at a time.

Not sure exactly “why” he does it. My GUESS is that since he IS the “watchman” in the pair, he’s scoping out the tank, getting a look at all the rock work, looking for the best, most defensible spot for he and his buddy to move into (OR Ernie and Burt are having domestic issues because Burt was looking at that hot new peppermint shrimp)

My watchman leaves his shrimp buddy every once in a while, usually after I’ve done some major rock moves or other changes in the tank. He suddenly starts swimming all over the tank, at all levels (kinda looks like he’s surfing). He has been known to do this for a couple days at a time.

Not sure exactly “why” he does it. My GUESS is that since he IS the “watchman” in the pair, he’s scoping out the tank, getting a look at all the rock work, looking for the best, most defensible spot for he and his buddy to move into (OR Ernie and Burt are having domestic issues because Burt was looking at that hot new peppermint shrimp)
i chased him around in the tank all morning but he is now back with the shrimp

Back