would i be able to keep sps

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
with this lighting fixture? The nova extreme T-5 with lunar lights, its the 48" 216 watt fixture? Thanks for the help.

Yes. Worst case scenario you would need to keep high demanding SPS toward the top of the tank. Do not use cheap T5 bulbs though.

It won't have a huge impact, but when it comes time to change them out I would do so. The tested PAR on generic bulbs is 70-80% of quality ones at least in my limited testing.

I think it depends on the SPS. Since your fixture doesn't have individual reflectors you're really missing out on one of the major positives of going for T5s... Regardless, I think you can still keep some monticaps and other low light SPS...

It all depends on what kind of SPS you want to have and the color you may expect them to keep. Most Green Monti Cap with Purple Rim will turn brown in those conditions. But it will be enough light to keep them alive and growing, if you situate them directly under the bulbs. GL

The reflector is pretty good in this fixture, but you are right the middle two bulbs won't reflect as much. Will still be fine just have to keep those acros near the top that are light demanding. It should throw 200-300 PAR near the surface which is enough for mid SPS. You aren't going to be getting great color which is a good point as well.

Back