Wrasse glued its mouth shut

Aratz26

Reaction score
My melanaurus hit a frag I just put in the water… and glued his mouth any experience with this?

Like 100% shut? I've seen them nose into glue and get a glob on them but never fully glue their mouth closed. Heck, if that happened to one of mine I would wait it out for a day or two, keeping an eye on it to see if it resolves. At the same time I'd be looking for a fish trap just in case. If it doesn't resolve on it's own, do your best to trap it and get the glue off using super glue debonder, carefully.

Like 100% shut? I've seen them nose into glue and get a glob on them but never fully glue their mouth closed. Heck, if that happened to one of mine I would wait it out for a day or two, keeping an eye on it to see if it resolves. At the same time I'd be looking for a fish trap just in case. If it doesn't resolve on it's own, do your best to trap it and get the glue off using super glue debonder, carefully.
Haha seems like she went into the sand bed and figured it out herself! Thanks for the advise brother!

Cannot imagine having to deal with that with a wrasse and how slippery them sons are

Cannot imagine having to deal with that with a wrasse and how slippery them sons are
That Wrasse sounds like a nosy SOB. Doesn't sound like it will be a one time thing for that fish.
Glad it got itself freed. Otherwise I'd have thought it would be a goner as it'd suffocate.

I use Instaset on the gel superglue but I don't spray it, but I have seen others do that with no ill effect to the coral. I unscrew the top and use the draw tube to dab it on the glue.
If you don't want to use that maybe set the frags in a container of water with the glue sets up before putting it in the tank.

Back