Wrasse Question

Carguyreef

Supporting
Reaction score
hello,

im pretty new to reefing and have a 3 inch carpenters flasher wrasse with some other tank mates such as clownfish, hippo tang, sailfin tang, foxface, lyretail anthias, and a dragon goby. im wondering if i would be able to add another wrasse and if so what would be some good kinds to add for my reef tank. i have a 100 gallon tank.69716133222__B2405475-3AAD-4497-AD96-436CA3E17DC1.jpeg

Wrasses are my favorite type fish. Here’s a good website that talks about compatibility.

Your best bet is to go for wrasses of different species, though mild-mannered fairy and flasher wrasses can often get along. A Lubbock's fairy wrasse should be pretty mild mannered and get along with your flasher.

I absolutely LOVE my blue star leopard wrasse. Bought her at Nemo after seeing her eat mysis at the store. That's all she would eat for the first couple months but now she eats pretty much everything and is turning into a chonker. Males and females look different. IMO the females are prettier. They all start out female. If you get a group, the dominant one will turn male. If you get just one it will likely stay female, though some people have had them turn male eventually anyway.

Another good option is some kind of Halichoeres like a yellow coris wrasse. Great at eating pests. Another cool fish that's not a wrasse but is similar to a yellow coris is the Yellow Candy Hogfish. Would also get along fine with all the above wrasses.

Back