WT borrow hinge cup boring bit and jig

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
hey guys my tv stand is close to completion, its been primed and is ready for paint the last thing i have left to do besides paint is to install the door hinges, i got some compact soft close hinges (link below) but i dont have a bit to bore the holes for cups that go into the door. and since i dont plan on doing this type of thing on a regular basis it seems like a waste to buy such an expensive bit and even if i did id have to get a jig to line it up perfectly with the edge of the door so if any of you out there have a bit and jig and are willing to let me borrow it i would very much appreciate it.

ref=nb_sb_noss

What you need is a forstner bit.

http://m.woodcraft.com/aHR0cDovL3d3dy53b29kY3JhZnQuY29tL1Byb2R1Y3QvMTI1OTM1LzEtRm9yc3RuZXItQml0LmFzcHg%3D">http://m.woodcraft.com/aHR0cDovL3d3dy53b29kY3JhZnQuY29tL1Byb2R1Y3QvMTI1OTM1LzEtRm9yc3RuZXItQml0LmFzcHg%3D</a>

While having a jig would make mass producing them much easier it isn't really needed for a few holes. Measure (twice) a cross point and with the brad tip of the forstner bit it will make it easy to center it

Hey Brijesh,

I have a 35mm hinge cup forstner bit that you can borrow, if you like. It might be easier and cheaper (save you some gas and time) to pick one up from Home Depot near you. They are typically located near the cabinet hardware. The one I got came with a template for drilling.

ghbrewer;1028645 wrote: Hey Brijesh,

I have a 35mm hinge cup forstner bit that you can borrow, if you like. It might be easier and cheaper (save you some gas and time) to pick one up from Home Depot near you. They are typically located near the cabinet hardware. The one I got came with a template for drilling.

that would be awesome. if you don't mind i could get it from you at the expo and bring it back to you at the next meeting that way i wont waste any gas or time. i can put the tv stand into operation without a door and install it later so it wont be any hindrance to wait

thanks Allen. i actually ended up buying a forstner bit lol. i do appreciate the offer though!

Back