Yellow hitchhiker?

frantz

Market
Reaction score
There is a little hitchhiker I can't ID and need some help. I don't have a camera that can get a good picture which I know is what you need. Suggestion on what I can google may be my best bet! It is a solid yellow-green stalk with very thin tentacles. I can't see the oral area as it closes up whenever i move it. It has the proportions of a Zoa as far as tentacle to body and does not look like majano to me or a glass anemone (could be either i suppose). Other suggestions?

Frantz;689274 wrote: There is a little hitchhiker I can't ID and need some help. I don't have a camera that can get a good picture which I know is what you need. Suggestion on what I can google may be my best bet! It is a solid yellow-green stalk with very thin tentacles. I can't see the oral area as it closes up whenever i move it. It has the proportions of a Zoa as far as tentacle to body and does not look like majano to me or a glass anemone (could be either i suppose). Other suggestions?

You could do some research on the web under "aiptasia anemone pictures" or "mojano anemone pictures."

If you think it might turn into something nice, keep it. If in doubt, kill it.
Based on your description alone, sounds like a 'nem of some type.

At first I thought Mojano as I've never seen one, but this looks different. I've seen plenty of Aiptasia... they have longer tentacles and are less rigid than this looks. I have a seperate 10g i've been cycling a few weeks for a frag tank and I may chip off the piece of rock this is on and see what it grows up to be.. I've rotated the rock its on to try and get a better picture when it opens back up, but it'll still be camera phone quality /-=

Back