You Gotta Try This......

jade76

Market
Reaction score
If you dont already have are have'nt tried this yet you owe it to your coral.....its as common sense as eating when hungry...but I bought a magnifiying glass today and keep it by my tank....its FRAGGIN SCHWEEET!
coral life has taken on a new meaning. and so has LR watching. or maybe im just still a rookie.

jade76;120722 wrote: If you dont already have are have'nt tried this yet you owe it to your coral.....its as common sense as eating when hungry...but I bought a magnifiying glass today and keep it by my tank....its FRAGGIN SCHWEEET!
coral life has taken on a new meaning. and so has LR watching. or maybe im just still a rookie.

Rookie!:sorry:

It does add an extra deminsion to reefing, I keep my magnifying glass next to the tank

Yep. Magnifying glass and maglite. Two of the must-haves for a reeftank.

Want to get really up-close and personal? One of
a> would be cool.  You could even take pictures with it.

jade76;120743 wrote: wow...guess ya dont need a magnifying glass to see a smart mailto:a#$@.">a#$@.</a>[/QUOTE]

I wasn't being one--evidently I'm the only one who never heard of that--

That mesoscope thing is expensive -- $500???? Anyone have any experience with a jeweler's loupe? I heard of someone using that.

I tried using a magnifying glass on a tweezer / magnifying glass combo set but it was too small -- I need a bigger one -- but yeah the tiny stuff is incredibly fascinating.

I had this one critter that was really tiny but it looked like a little bullwhip that would just rise up in the water and whirl itself around in figure eights -- never figured out what it was. It was about a millimeter in length, and half of it was a straight rod, and half was a "tail", and it would just whirl around and around and lift itself up 5-6 inches in the water, then rest for a few seconds, and whirl again. I saw it every time I turned off the flow and added DT's. It was pretty neat looking but I have no idea what it was.

Interesting timing..... My niece just tonight gave me a magnifying glass as a belated B'day present, as she'd remembered a conversation about my tank from a month ago.

Me too.....and a pair of 'reader' glasses for different levels of detail.

Walmart sells one that has a light in it, it is about 4 inches in diameter, 2X with a small 4X at the bottom. I use it all the time. I think it was $12.95

I bought a pack with 3 from CostCo recently that has a light as well. Pretty cool and much easier than my loupe.

Back