Zeofit dosing

crew

Market
Reaction score
I searched the forums, and other than announcing sales, I found surprisingly little info about people dosing this stuff. Figured I would give it a try because it isn't too expensive and I'm always interested in more color/pe/growth/etc.

I'm going to try and get photos of most of my coral in the next few days while I wait for the zeofit to arrive so I have a baseline to go off of and then I'll post some more photos after having dosed for 2 weeks when the zeofit should be "at it's peak" according to Korallen-Zucht.

For those interested, i'm not running the full regimen with a reactor, etc... I'm going to be dosing the "nano power pack" as i think this is probably the best way to try the system out. I don't exactly have a nano tank, but this should be enough to last me about two months and if I find that it's worth it, I can always order more of the different additives and increase the regimen that way.

I'll be dosing:
Coral Vitalizer
Pohl's Xtra
Amino Acid Concentrate LPS
Sponge Power

if you want a lot of info then visit the zeovit forum. There is a LOT of information there.

I ran it for a while, but to do it right it is WICKED expensive.

B

lemme know if you start getting rtn or stn from it. seems i accidently created a ulns and it behaves quite differently than a nitrate fighting system.

will be interested in your results

Russ-IV;1039919 wrote: lemme know if you start getting rtn or stn from it. seems i accidently created a ulns and it behaves quite differently than a nitrate fighting system.

will be interested in your results

From what I've read online, Pohl's xtra is something you might consider dosing. Apparently it's formulated to feed corals in an ULNS.

I will update when I have more info.

Crew;1039921 wrote: From what I've read online, Pohl's xtra is something you might consider dosing. Apparently it's formulated to feed corals in an ULNS.

I will update when I have more info.

looks like a better alernative to "fuel". i dont want to change too much at once but ill definitley look at using it.

good looking out :)

Ya - I think so at least. It appears to have everything corals need without adding phosphates or nitrates to the system.

Crew;1039925 wrote: Ya - I think so at least. It appears to have everything corals need without adding phosphates or nitrates to the system.

if you truly want a ulns. yank the skimmer and dose phyto. the phyto will outcompete all other algae. the only disadvantage is water clarity.

one thing to note is if you already have algae in there, its hard to get phyto to overtake it.

if you see dissolved organics, you will notice in my sump i placed a sponge. it acts as an infinite papertowel to grab that oil slick

thats how i designed this setup but it is still highly experimental

I'd prefer to stay away from ULNS, but I can see the perks of them. For me, I want as much junk (food, fish poo, etc) in the water as possible without affecting water clarity or nutrient levels. That has worked best for me in the past

Crew;1039927 wrote: I'd prefer to stay away from ULNS, but I can see the perks of them. For me, I want as much junk (food, fish poo, etc) in the water as possible without affecting water clarity or nutrient levels. That has worked best for me in the past

worked for me in the past as well. just something different. will be watching your results

Back