Zoa acting strange?

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
I bought 2 polyps of electric oompa loompa at my lfs about 2 weeks ago. After about 4 days one of the Zoas melted and the other closed up. And it's stayed closed. It hasn't melted away but it's starting to get algae growing on the actual zoa. Does anyone know why it might be like this? I just don't get how it hasn't melted away if it hasn't opened up at all? Haven't had in major tank problems and all other corals are doing fine.

I think I have had a similar issue before and traced it back to my alk. I can't remember the specifics, but I would recommend a full round of tests if you haven't already.

JBDreefs;1017261 wrote: I think I have had a similar issue before and traced it back to my alk. I can't remember the specifics, but I would recommend a full round of tests if you haven't already.

This is always the best place to start.

Ok, I ordered some Red Sea test kits that should be arriving in a couple days. If it was alk wouldn't my other Zoas be doing the same?

I guess it's possible that some Zoas might be more sensitive than the others to an alk or other imbalance. Definitely can't hurt to check your levels.

they couldve also been freshly fragged and not given the proper amount of time to heal and they melted.

Back