Zoa eating nudi help

Eric_n_Ga

Reaction score
Well I now have these things...how do I get rid of them. Been manually removing them for a few days now .

Removing all the zoas is impossible at this point they are all over the main rock structure . Same Rock as most of the SPS .

I have a yellow corris wrasse in the tank already .

Someone give me some good news please

I've never dealt with them but hopefully someone can chime in with a good recommendation. I'm familiar with the monti eating type and the only way I got over them was dipping all the time and keeping things in a separate tank.

Anyway to determine if your wrasse is willing to eat them? Can you capture a couple and feed them to the wrasse?

If you can't come up with something to eat them - I believe you're in for a tough fight.

Most dips kill the nudis but not the eggs FYI

Eggs are laid on the polyps. Typically the polyp will be closed. They are laid in a circular pattern. They are also white/off white. Typically easy to see if you can at least collect the rock they are on and go over area with a magnifying glass. The nudi itself can be trickier to find. They are about the color of the polyps and have petals on their back. Most nudi’s do their major work at night when your wrasse is in the sand.

I have 3 in a little bowl right now I'll try feeding the wrasse .

Do they only eat zoas ? Is anything else in danger .

Following along...i am trying to get rid of some flatworm but hesitant to use the flatworm exit. Any advice and directions on how to use it and any preferred and safe method. Thanks for the feedback and guidance

I have 3 in a little bowl right now I'll try feeding the wrasse .

Do they only eat zoas ? Is anything else in danger .
They will only eat the zoas - no other corals should be at risk.

Do you happen to have a pic? I'd love to see one

Here's a big one . Well biggest one so far , about the size of a sesame seed.

Any the wrasse doesn't seem to be interested in eating them at all. IMG_20200929_191303.jpg

Following along...i am trying to get rid of some flatworm but hesitant to use the flatworm exit. Any advice and directions on how to use it and any preferred and safe method. Thanks for the feedback and guidance
Just follow the directions on the flatworm exit.. it's actually going to freak you out after you use it the first time as it will be raining flatworms.

Best to use it at a 1drop per 3/4 gal ratio otherwise follow the instructions on the box. Won't hurt your corals but could be problematic if you have a crap load of nudis, if so do a 15%water change about an hour after treatment. This is an easy pest to deal with compared to some...

The Berghia nudi's not only color their back up from eating aiptasia they move the toxins from the aiptasia back there too. Well fed Berghia's don't get eaten because the fish spit them right out. Very interesting little creatures nudibranch's are.

Well I've done 3 treatments of flatworm exit .

Thursday , First one was a full 300 gallon dose in a 75gal tank. Killed all the flatworms, nudi , and brittle stars in the refugium. Did a big water change and fresh carbon in the reactor . No side effects or reaction from any corals . No visible nudi left they all died within an hour . Didn't see 1 flatworm in the display but tons in the fuge .

Next dose was sat , normal recommended dosage . No dead flat worms visible no visible nudi .

3rd dose was today , Normal dosage no dead anything ,no visible nudi .

Going to continue normal dosage on wed ,Fri , Sunday .

Any idea how long I should continue the flatworm exit treatment to ensure death to all nudibranch ?

Back