zoa help

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
ok the only thing in my nano now is 2 frogspawn branches they are doing GREAT!!! of course the LR and LS are in there and i have some hermits and some snails and this little colony of zoas. At one point i thought i lost them moved them to my "bigger" tank under a better light they never opened up so i figured what the hell throw them back in the nano just to see what happens before i count them as a loss. Well they gained almost all of there purple color back i can see them trying to open but i have yet to see them fully "bloom" or open. I looked today i saw 3 tiny bug/worm looking things no bigger than 1/4 of an inch long (if that big) and they had little legs running down each side of them. They didnt looking like zoa eating nudi's i searched for pictures of those and they are just kinda long skinnny looks almost like a centipede. and these 2 or 3 bugs were crawling around on the zoas.

is this the reason they arent opening? what should i do about this?

ok after careful inspectiong i have noticed these little bug things are pretty much everywhere in the tank. do i need to treat the tank for these or is it just because i dont have any fish in there nibbling at these guys?

Describe the bugs? They may be pods, but they usually only come out at night.

Also make sure they are secure on the frag plug/rock. If they are rocking around with the flow, it will keep them from opening. Also, dont know how long it has been since you moved them, but it can take a few days for them to fully open.

the tank is about 4 months old maybe......the bugs are like a brownish color they are speedy little things they kinda blend in with my sand. My lights were off today i forgot to turn them on so i turned them on when i got home and saw them moving around on the rock work but you have to get really close like right on the glass to see the bugs they are that small. And they are the color of the LR and the sand brownish gray i guess??? they zoas are stable the are glued down to the rock with super glue gel. they have been back in the nano tank for at least a week now

um........maybe 3 on each side 4 on each side?? how do you treat a tank for those?

no no deff. not one of those spiders.....these bugs are way smaller and way thinner and skinnier than those........im thinking they may be pods can you get a picture of pods i cant find them on google?

Back