Zoa id help

sorry for the picture quality, havent figured out how to get good pics yet

thanks for the names, I looked up LOTR since my pic quality is off to take a look. It led me to rings of Jupiter or peach rings which i think look a little closer.

Thanks for the help

I was told this is lord of the ring, right next to the bam bam rock that you saw yesterday
48332fa9cfd197dd9e7f86199d563b53.jpg
alt="" />

It's whatever you call them. Designer names are a marketing gimmick to raise the price.

Jenn

Lord of the Rings, AoG or gobstopper...I would say Gobstopper.

Yes "designer" names can be considered a marketing "gimic"... but some of us enjoying collecting higher end (rarer) corals.

My point was, name is irrelevant because there is no way to substantiate if a specimen is *designer name x* or not. If it is pretty and you like it, good times. Call it what you want. It's still a Zoanthid colony.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

JennM;1102462 wrote: My point was, name is irrelevant because there is no way to substantiate if a specimen is *designer name x* or not. If it is pretty and you like it, good times. Call it what you want. It's still a Zoanthid colony.

Factually this is true and ideal but when all corals have that blue/red/green/etc coloration, names could be helpful to identify what is what. I'm sure everyone knows why rastas and dragon eyes look like

They can change their appearance depending on environmental factors, especially lighting and water quality. What looks spectacular in one tank, might look plain in another. Hence, there is zero reliability in the designer name. If that is what floats you boat, so be it. Just be aware that it is all a marketing gimmick.

Back