Zoa ID

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I've tried to look this up online, but I haven't found anything. Anyone know?

Unknown_zoa_gray_3.jpg

Hmmm. Hard to tell. Might need all white or all blues pic to tell. I have about 50 zoas I need ids for. Lol.

I have one that is very similar to that which I picked up from ASD a few years ago. Keep in mind that they make up names for everything and often rename the same coral multiple different things but they called it ASD Pink Diamonds... And it had no pink in it... Lol.

Hmm. Interesting and too much random naming on this stuff. I got this one from a buyout. Visually, it's Mint Green with gray and you can't even see the striations without the Macro lens. I have a list of the corals I got from that, many were dead by the time I bought everything, and there was a zoa named Pink and Gold on there. It's neither pink nor gold though.

White balanced for more accurate coloration, I'm just using Lightroom again for the first time in years, so a little rusty. It's possible that this zoa may be browned out. I read somewhere else the light pink zoa's need similar lighting and flow conditions to SPS to show that coloration. I may try to move it higher and see what happens.

gray zoa white balance (1 of 1).jpg

Hmm. Interesting and too much random naming on this stuff. I got this one from a buyout. Visually, it's Mint Green with gray and you can't even see the striations without the Macro lens. I have a list of the corals I got from that, many were dead by the time I bought everything, and there was a zoa named Pink and Gold on there. It's neither pink nor gold though.
Pink and golds are another name for Pandora's. Yah, the naming can be very convoluted at times.

Back