Zoa slime

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I'm cleaning the tank this morning and I have this slime like substance that is partially covering my devil's armor zoas. I don't see it anywhere else in the tank. Any idea what I should so about this? I did a little reading and I could improve the flow where they are, the other potential issue is that these are in my temporary frag rack in my display which is also where my clowns like to sleep at night. If it's a foreign substance, I'm considering a diluted hydrogen peroxide bath. I've had these where they are for about 3 months.

IMG_7630.JPG

Edit: I have found 2 small areas of this stuff in two low flow areas of the sand bed. I've been dosing vibrant for GHA for about three months now. Is this cyano of some sort?

Edit: I have found 2 small areas of this stuff in two low flow areas of the sand bed. I've been dosing vibrant for GHA for about three months now. Is this cyano of some sort?

Possibly. I know there a lot of folks that report Cyano issues after vibrant dosing.

That looks like the same slime I had for about two months in my new frag tank. I ran GFO and it went away. Just my experience.

Does it blow off easily with a turkey baster or something similar?

That looks like the same slime I had for about two months in my new frag tank. I ran GFO and it went away. Just my experience.
And he passed this on to me and the GFO also cleared up an entire rainbow of algae and slime!

I didn't try a turkey baster, I used 1/3 Hydrogen peroxide to 2/3 tank water and soaked the frag for a little over a minute. I'll take a look tomorrow and see where we are. I have Rowaphos, but I quit using it 4 months ago to try to avoid zeroing out the tank while using Vibrant.

Back