Zoanuts and DHL

cameron

Market
Reaction score
First let me start with DHL. I will never use these guys again. The last time I used them they lost a 10am guaranteed package in Ohio so it was held up an extra 24 hours and rather than deliver by 10am the next day they delivered at 5pm. I guess they figured they already screwed up so what was a few more hours. This time they delivered it to the wrong address... the completely wrong address. The only thing in common were both addresses had the word Bridge in them. Otherwise the number was wrong as was the street. To top it off the package required signature which they did not get one at the other location. 4 hours later I got my package hoping nothing dies.

Zoanuts... this is my first order with them and virtually all of the corals were sold as advertised with the exception of a lime chalice. On the website, the description and pics were reasonably accurate except for the HUGE spot of necrosis right in the middle of the coral. It was even filed with hair algae which wasn't mentioned in the description or the pics. Very disappointed. Shot them an email and will see if I can get any resolution to this issue.

Not a good day at Cam's Reef. Whining is now over.

yea DHL has always messed up my shipments...... was thnking about getting some things from Zoanuts....... but they would just be some small zoa frags.....

The zoa frags I got looked good. Half of them are already fully out and the other half are starting the peek through. All the coral seems to be in great health I just wish they had been up front about the necrosis spot. Normally wouldn't care if it was on the end so I could cut it out but this thing is right in the middle and quite large. I may just drill it out and let it regrow. Never tried drilling a chalice in the middle.

Fragglereef has nice zoas and a great price as well.

Hope it works out. I did a Zoa trade recently and used USPS overnight by 3:30pm. Well 4pm rolled around and the receipient had not received the package. She called her local post office and they figured out that the postman had left it at the same house "number" 2 streets over. Luckily they went and picked it up and all was OK.

Did my Fire BTA make it alive?!? You know, the one you were buying me for my "surprise" x-mas gift!!!

If I were to get a BTA, that thing would be on the short list. WOW super beautiful.

My stuff Igot from Zoanuts all looked good EXCEPT my aussie wall hammer. I sent them a picture and I'm sure if it doesn't make it they will be good for it. Mark has had some 'credits' with them in the past.

I used DHL once from a new supplier when I was at Petland. My $2000 (wholesale, not retail)freshwater order spread among at least 15 boxes was all over the back of the truck. The guy backed up, opened the gate, and there were just boxes everywhere at every angle you could imagine. Obtuse, acute, upside down, caddywhompas; his driving accomplished it. I had some words with him, and he blew it off saying that he didn't pack the truck.

i use to work for a dispatching company in florida and dhl was one of our contracts i hated dealing with them .they dont give a **** about anyone stuff your better of handing it off to a 8 year old boy to kick around

I work for their airline side, and even with a healthy discount i won't use them unless it's an emergency. They get what they pay for. They hire $8 contract drivers, and most of them have the "I dont give a crap" attitude.

:)

watch

Zoanuts isn't going to do anything about the dead spot on the coral per my last email with them. They said "They have been there since I received [the] Chalice [and] will continue to grow over."

I don't think I will be ordering from them again. I have no problem with coral itself, but it would have been nice to know what I was getting ahead of time. Major disappointment.

That really sucks Cameron. I don't think I'll order from them based on that response. I would much rather pay a little more elsewhere and get service.

Loren, was that the purple aussie? I was hoping that would be as great as they claim it to be :(

It was...it's dead.

The other stuff looks very nice though...i'm very happy with the box of crap.

I need to email him today. Fortunately, I sent him a pic as soon as I opened the box.

Cameron...did you not see a picture of it and was it not on the picture?

It wasn't in the picture or description. They snapped the pic of the close up and then sort of the end of it. The annoying part is to my knowledge they cannot grow over a dead spot. I was thinking of drilling the dead spot out of the coral and then letting it recalcify that area which might work. Going to give it a few weeks first and let it adjust before wacking it with a drill though. The other annoying part was the hair algae covering the dead spot. You would think they would have at least scrubed it a bit before they sent it to me. This certainly wasn't a way to get my business back. The other corals I got seem healthy but none are as vibrant as the pics on the website but that is business as usual in this industry.

Back