zoas - better under MH or PC's?

kappaknight

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking to start my frag tank and are wondering if anyone has any opinions on whether zoas fare better under PC lighting or MH lighting. They will do well under both lights but will morph differently. I guess my question is, do you get better morphs under PC's or MH's. :eek:

Finally something I can talk about with knowlege AND experience! I have zoas in my 135( 3-250 watt 14K MH) and zoas from the SAME colonies in my (read"my wifes") 55 under PC's. The zoas grow faster under the pc's but have MUCH better coloration under the MH's. Maybe you should grow them out (faster) under the PC's and put them under the MH's to color them up for display or resell. I have whamin watermellon, fire and ice, bam bam orange, pumpkin eaters, etc, The red color turns kind of brownish under the PC but stays vibrant red under the MH. Hope this helps.

Interesting information to know... I was leaning toward that same example but didnt have anything to back the statement up with.
Thanks for the addition Family Reefer!

I don't get the chance to contribute too often... Learning more each day. That's the great thing with this hobby. Like golf, never mastered.

Back