Zoas on back glass

destineyfoster

Reaction score
As the title states we have glued a frag of Zoas to our back glass. I hope to see them grow and spread. Anyone else done this? Pics?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I have some on the back of my biocube. I will post some pics for you tomorrow when the lights are on.

DestineyFoster;951234 wrote: As the title states we have glued a frag of Zoas to our back glass. I hope to see them grow and spread. Anyone else done this? Pics?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

you can buy magnetic frag plugs for this exact purpose. That way you don't have to glue anything.

Kirkwood;951294 wrote: you can buy magnetic frag plugs for this exact purpose. That way you don't have to glue anything.

not exactly... you still have to glue them to the frag plug..lol

heathlindner25;951295 wrote: not exactly... you still have to glue them to the frag plug..lol

you got me... you don't have to glue anything to the BACK GLASS...

I still think you will need some coraline algae buildup on the back glass for the zoas to have something to grip onto.

I did this with some PomPom xenia that my wife brought home. It has done real well and has not infested anywhere else in the tank.

Without coraline on the wall will it not grow there?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I have about an 8 x 8 inch growth of a GSP variety on the back glass.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

It will grow without coraline on the glass, I've grown 1000s of polyps on glass, in tank overflows, powerheads external overflow boxes., IMO most zoas seem to grow faster/spread on plastic.
Anyway just my 2c

Our plug keeps falling off this is the 3rd time I've glued it up

i have zoas,monti cap,chalice,gsp on my overflows they grow well.i end up breaking the chalice and monti all the time when im moving something in the tank,but i dont care i post glue the pieces back on the overflows.

Kirkwood;951296 wrote: I still think you will need some coraline algae buildup on the back glass for the zoas to have something to grip onto.

i dont know if this is true with zoas but i have plenty of palys and some montis growing on the back glass with no coraline on the glass

Any suggestions on how to get the frag plug to stay on the glass?

DannyaFoster;951473 wrote: Any suggestions on how to get the frag plug to stay on the glass?

get a magnetic frag plug from Oceans Wonders.

Well the zoas are already encrusted on the plug they are on

DannyaFoster;951473 wrote: Any suggestions on how to get the frag plug to stay on the glass?

i just glued the frag plug directly to the glass. ive found the best way to do it is to apply a generous ammount of thick gel super glue to the base of the frag plug and press it up to the glass while wiggleing it around a bit to spread the glue onto the glass, then hold it in place till the glue sets which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

I can help you out if you are still having a hard time when I come by to take care of that Duncan

Picoreefguy;951477 wrote: i just glued the frag plug directly to the glass. ive found the best way to do it is to apply a generous ammount of thick gel super glue to the base of the frag plug and press it up to the glass while wiggleing it around a bit to spread the glue onto the glass, then hold it in place till the glue sets which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

+1. Copious amounts of super glue gel should do the trick

Back