zoas with orange skirts mixed with green skirts

pochaxoo

Market
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that I have 2 polyps in the middle of a huge number of green skirted zoas that have orange skirts and a different middle from the usual Orange spot. Is this something that is a later stage of the same polyp or is this something I should separate and grow out? Since there are like 1000s of polyps on this rock alone i am not looking forward to the carnage but it would be worthwhile if this is a permanent type. You can see the two polyps in question in the picture it is to the right of the anthias far away.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
292522=15493-Side shot 1.jpg
>
292522=15493-Side shot 1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Side shot 1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Nice, cut them out and put them on a frag plug. I would say it would be worth the effort in isolating them, it could be something new that nobody has. Got to love mutations.

That's a pretty common color morph for that type of polyp...just genetics. You will see more of them as the colony grows. I've had a few wild ones that have done the same.

you should post pics and then have them start a new colony and see if the babies look the same.

Back