zoo problems???????

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
i have these zoos and they are B-E-A-utiful but only 3 out of 40 will open What up with that??:unsure:

Apparently the little asterina starfish have many varieties -- some just eat algae / coralline alge, others are zoa predators.

I would also look for sundial snails -- they look like zoas that are closed, except closed around a black ring (one one side, on the other side they have a checkerboard pattern).

How long have you had them? I would say that before you start expecting the worse, if you haven't had them that long, you let them get acclimated. They may just be getting comfy is all. Good luck!:up:

i have had them for a while they should be acclimated by now. I also have another colony of a different type of zoa right next to the problem zoas and they are doing great. Ill look out for those starfish and snails thanks

Thanks Barbara,
Let me take this thread over. My 13yr (Thomas) old found out how to post...(crazy kid).
:crazy:

A while is about 2 months and yes they did open before. We got this small colony mounted on a rock from a member and had it placed high on a rock. It fell off and we forgot about it. Found it last week and put it back. Only a few polyps have opened. I just figured they needed a while to re-acclimate to the light. They fell into a shady spot.
Here is a pic.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
193332=11657-DSC04160.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
193332=11657-DSC04160.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC04160.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back