Wanting to collect Clowenfish larvae

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
I am going to start rearing my maroons again, but would like to try another clown variety. I also have false percs also laying. I am trying out John Lauths method of collection using a straw to remove larvae. I had a friend with black and whites that were laying and now have stopped. I actually will not be ready for at least 2 weeks, so putting out feelers. Just started my roti culture 4 days ago, so it needs to mature. Here is a pic of my phyto culture.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
734997=34987-phytoplankton good (640x426).jpg
>
734997=34987-phytoplankton good (640x426).jpg
class="gc-images" title="phytoplankton good (640x426).jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

After looking at my first post I probably did not spell it out cleanly. Does anybody have any Clownfish laying that will let me collect a some eggs? It would be greatly appreciated.

I have tomatoe clowns, black and white, and reg ocellaris all laying eggs. my onyx look like they are getting ready too but so far no eggs. Not very close to flowery branch though. You are welcome to collect if you want to try in a couple of weeks. I am sure one of the pairs will have some ready to be collected.

I have two of Rod's oynx clowns that have laid eggs recently. I can see the eggs. They lay every 45-60 days. Let me know if you are interested.

jhutto;735936 wrote: I have two of Rod's oynx clowns that have laid eggs recently. I can see the eggs. They lay every 45-60 days. Let me know if you are interested.

My Rod's are laying regularly as well.

Thanks for the offers, oh so far away.... I would love to try the Black and White and the oynx. Might have to hit you up when I have my rotifers are plentiful.

Anybody's clowns still laying? Mine have not laid in over a month. I am ready, 10 gallons of rotifers, and phyto coming out my ears.

All mine are spawning every 12 days. You are welcome to come and try. I can't grow the algae and rotis fast enough to keep up

Glenn, I have some that have been there for about 2 weeks. You can come by and take them if you want.

jamescook;747303 wrote: All mine are spawning every 12 days. You are welcome to come and try. I can't grow the algae and rotis fast enough to keep up

Sending pm

Edit:
Miami Dolfan;747323 wrote: Glenn, I have some that have been there for about 2 weeks. You can come by and take them if you want.

Orlando, I am not for sure if I could get them out of that huge tank.:eek:You sure it has been two weeks. They usually go in 7-8 days. They must be about ready.

I'm pretty sure...I'll try to take a pic. They've turned dark though..not reddish like they were. They are in a rock in the front of the tank and are visible.

Miami Dolfan;747340 wrote: I'm pretty sure...I'll try to take a pic. They've turned dark though..not reddish like they were. They are in a rock in the front of the tank and are visible.

They have probably at least 4 more days I would say. After they are dark then they turn silver.

If you raise some snowflakes I'll buy a pair from you. That or picasso looking for something besides my black and white clowns. They don't like my hand I get bit every time I put my hand in there

I went to see what they look like now and they're gone. I don't know what happened to them.

Picked up it seems between 40-50 Onyx eggs from James last night. I brought a fish bowl, air pump, and a power converter to keep them tumbling on the 1 1/2 hour trip back home. Many hatched in the truck, but looks like 12-15 have not hatched, probably not good. I have them in a glass funnel tumbling, and hoping but probably in vain. This is my first attempt in over a year, having to relearn what I have forgotten. Wish me luck!

My onyz are down to about 7 total. They hatched on the 14th. Last night went over to a friends and collected yellow striped maroons. It was a good sized batch. Looks like almost all hatched on the way home. I would take pictures but they are so small. Hopefully soon.

mine spawn every 6 days. i got them to 3 days before they wasted. rotis aren't the first food for those tiny gobies.

Budsreef;751665 wrote: My Yellow Clown Gobies are laying eggs if you want a challenge. :)

No thanks Bud, I have my hands full now.:)

, you are welcome to come by and take a closer look. I would love to think they have been breeding and you would be welcome to the "fry". They are gold banded maroons. Just PM if interested. Sat mornings are best for me.

Spike;735026 wrote: After looking at my first post I probably did not spell it out cleanly. Does anybody have any Clownfish laying that will let me collect a some eggs? It would be greatly appreciated.

Back