108 3w Cree led build

reeferman

Supporting
Reaction score
heres some pics of my led build to light my sps dominant 120.i ordered everything from reefledlights.com.heres what i have
72 premium Cree XP-E Royal Blue
24 Cree XP-E Cool White
12 Cree XP-G High Noon
2- 8.5x18 heatsinks
3 Meanwell ELN 60-48D Drivers tuned to 1300 mA[24 LEDS run parallel on each]
2 Meanwells tuned to 700 mA[12 LEDS on each]
1 Meanwell tuned to 1050[for 12 xp-g high noon]
8 fans
these are dimmable and with my RKE or future Apex,i can dim for sunrise or adjust the color temp to my liking.
whites and high noons
a84b814b.jpg
alt="" />
15a9bd78.jpg
alt="" />
e35be7d0.jpg
alt="" />
all soldered up,man what a lot of soldering!
7e4b8ea5.jpg
alt="" />
everything worked great after a test run.just have to get time to add optics on some, mount them in my canopy and hooked into RKE.

I gotta see it when you install it.
Might change my mind and make me go all LED too. :)

ill post some before and after.not sure pics will show much difference though as i run led supplements now anyway.
the high noons offer a slightly warmer look with a LOT of par.they will only be on for a few hours midday.
Wayne,i should have them on the tank soon,you could check them out when you pick up your chaeto.
Joseph,i waited long enough but finally got them.

hey Dustin,total cost on leds.heatsinks,drivers,optics,fans,thermal adhesive,wire,medusa connectors,fuses and solder was right at 850.00.add in the new apex base unit,eb4 and cables and that was another 345.00.i saved a little money on drivers by running 24 leds in parallel strings instead of 12 per driver.just have to adjust drivers to 1300 mA.
i got optics on a few and added 4 fans to each heatsink last night.as soon as the apex gets here,they will be mounted in the canopy.my rke will control them but before i bought additional alcs,i just upgraded to apex.

heres the fans mounted blowing down on heatsinks.4 fans per heatsink.virtually silent and they move a LOT of air across fins.added 36 80 degree optics.heatsinks will only be about 8" above surface so i didnt want to put optics on all of them,can always add later.just waiting on apex so i can get them fired up over the tank.
e96459c7.jpg
alt="" />

i dont believe they were out when this was built[almost 2 years ago].even if they were,i wouldnt have included them,i feel theyre useless and burn out way too quickly.just my opinion.
this build has far exceeded my expectations and i wouldnt change anything.

Back