10gal tank ?

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok so i have a 10gal sitting aronud here and i want to know if i clean it up rela good will it be ok for me to use as a salt water tank? all i want to do is put sand live rock in it and see what happens i will also have a filter on it so will it be ok

Do not quote me on this, but you will only be able to have 3.3 inches of fish to put in the tank. If you get good lighting, it would make a good coral tank maybe, but I hear it's pretty hard to manage saltwater parameters in a 10 gallon.
I have a ten gallon set up as my backup water tank so I can do real easy water changes. I know the water is the right temp, salinity, ph and so on...I also use it to cure live rock and QT (if necessary) in between water changes. Not sure if that's any help...but I tried

yeah that cool just what i want people to tell me what they think and if i even do put A fish in there it will be like a goby or some small fish do you guys think i could do a clownfish, chromis or damsel or maybe a mandarin

I had a ten gallon for the longest time and it was great.... Dont know that i would do a clown fish or mandarin tho.

I think that one of the best parts of the hobby is when you cycle a new tank and see what "brews'.

Hell, I spend as much time looking at my fuge as I do my tank.

Fill up the ten with a nice sand bed....stick a couple nice pieces of rock in there and see what shows up!

Seedless Reefer;172792 wrote: I think that one of the best parts of the hobby is when you cycle a new tank and see what "brews'.

Hell, I spend as much time looking at my fuge as I do my tank.

Fill up the ten with a nice sand bed....stick a couple nice pieces of rock in there and see what shows up!
think thats what ill do maybe just put a star fish in it down the road when it has been up a few months lol

yeah something like that. omg something off note!!!! my dog just farted and i think he is going to die!!!! well i think i am not him omg!!!!!!!!!! lol sorry

yeah you got a point but its like $50 -$60 for a light for the tank i paid $10 for and will pay $20 for the filter so ill have more in the light then i will the tank and filter..... well now that i think about it its the same way with my 45 gal i only paid $20 for the tank and light i got now and $50 for the filters and $150 for the stand so i dont know what im saying

lol when i get my own place im going to have the lil ga aquarium i have a 29 2 10's a 45 and a 55for my turtle and im always looking for new ones lol

Back