image_zps9048f711.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Filling the Sump:
image_zps2d6735e3.jpg
alt="" /></a>

LocLine Configuration
image_zps9944144d.jpg
alt="" /></a>

I finally got the sand and rock in place and filled with water!

IMG_3356_zps3af64bba.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3347_zpseb48a764.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3354_zps7d13cd9f.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3357_zps71fbfc45.jpg
alt="" /></a>

LED's arrived today as well!!
IMG_3370_zpsce47b27a.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3371_zps9b44cdbb.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3371_zps9b44cdbb.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3375_zps624266c7.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3376_zpsd5ecee14.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Hanging the LED's
IMG_3380_zpsf8f877aa.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3387_zps3158c8a7.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3385_zpscc3c979f.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3389_zps8a09cc16.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3386_zps0a9693d7.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMG_3384_zps6fee462f.jpg
alt="" /></a>

This really looks good! How are you going to keep the garage from overheating in summer and over-cooling in winter? Have you figured out your water change plan? It is so much easier when you don't have to have everything under the tank.

Well our garage must be fairly well insulated bc right now my water temp stays steady right around 78 degrees even when its in the high 90's outside. Maybe its get just the right amount of cool air on it from when the water is in the DT in the house with the AC on. As for the winter time I will have to add my Big heaters back to the sump!
Also for doing WC's I am going to get two 35g totes and have one for topoff and the other one running a closed loop for fresh SW. I have a valve on my return line that has a hose barb on it so all I have to do is turn the valve and drain the water then flip the other valve and add SW back to the sump.

Your build looks really nice. I love the way rimless tanks look. What is your live stock going to consist of? Is there enough flow in the tank as is or are you going to have to add a PH to keep the flow around the base of the rocks?

Sweet! I sure miss having a basement. I did very similar with the 100g Rubbermaid, but mine ran down to the basement.

reeferboy83;970056 wrote: Well our garage must be fairly well insulated bc right now my water temp stays steady right around 78 degrees even when its in the high 90's outside. Maybe its get just the right amount of cool air on it from when the water is in the DT in the house with the AC on. As for the winter time I will have to add my Big heaters back to the sump!
Also for doing WC's I am going to get two 35g totes and have one for topoff and the other one running a closed loop for fresh SW. I have a valve on my return line that has a hose barb on it so all I have to do is turn the valve and drain the water then flip the other valve and add SW back to the sump.

Butch;970069 wrote: Your build looks really nice. I love the way rimless tanks look. What is your live stock going to consist of? Is there enough flow in the tank as is or are you going to have to add a PH to keep the flow around the base of the rocks?
Thanks! I have to add my MP40's to the sides of the tank....just haven't put them in there yet!

LegalReefer;970461 wrote: Are you planning on SPSs? Curious to see how they do under them
My plan is to mainly have SPS...mostly Acro! Probably will have a few softies in there somewhere.I love a dominated SPS tank tho!

reeferboy83;971437 wrote: My plan is to mainly have SPS...mostly Acro! Probably will have a few softies in there somewhere.I love a dominated SPS tank tho!

Looks like Glass cages did a really nice job on the tank!

You may want to consider completely overhauling your rock work if going acro heavy. There will be a ton of dead spots as it stands now for flow. I know from learning the hard way on my 120g and it was more open than what you have now. You will also run into PO4 issues with all the waste/nutrients that will build up in a dense rock wall like that. To overcome all my rock I ended up with four MP40's on the tank and still had dead spots after the colonies grew in.

I would lose about 2/3 off the rock you have in there. I know it will look painfully empty for a while but you'll be very happy you did when your acro colonies grow from pinky size frags into basketball size colonies.

Seth The Wine Guy;971530 wrote: Looks like Glass cages did a really nice job on the tank!

You may want to consider completely overhauling your rock work if going acro heavy. There will be a ton of dead spots as it stands now for flow. I know from learning the hard way on my 120g and it was more open than what you have now. You will also run into PO4 issues with all the waste/nutrients that will build up in a dense rock wall like that. To overcome all my rock I ended up with four MP40's on the tank and still had dead spots after the colonies grew in.

I would lose about 2/3 off the rock you have in there. I know it will look painfully empty for a while but you'll be very happy you did when your acro colonies grow from pinky size frags into basketball size colonies.
Thanks for the tip! I was thinking it was too much rock anyway but didn't really want to just pull the rock out and let it dry out. Guess I can move alot of it to my sump outside.

I didn't want to say anything but I totally agree with Seth. You really have such an incredible build that I'm jealous of, but the rock pile is aesthetically dull and as Seth said will create flow issues as well. One last thing to consider is leaving much more space open in the sandbed for bottom-dwelling corals (Scolymia, Wellsophyllia, etc)

Better to get it right now then decide that you don't like it later on! Really not trying to be over-critical, I think you have a truly sweet setup there and I'm excited to follow your progress as you stock it!

JDavid;971589 wrote: I didn't want to say anything but I totally agree with Seth. You really have such an incredible build that I'm jealous of, but the rock pile is aesthetically dull and as Seth said will create flow issues as well. One last thing to consider is leaving much more space open in the sandbed for bottom-dwelling corals (Scolymia, Wellsophyllia, etc)

Better to get it right now then decide that you don't like it later on! Really not trying to be over-critical, I think you have a truly sweet setup there and I'm excited to follow your progress as you stock it!
Thanks for all the compliments and hey I am open to constructive criticism haha...seriously tho you guys are right about there being too much rock in there. I think I want to do a two part aquascape so to speak....sorta like a slight curved build on the left and leave an open space in the center then somehow continue the curve on the right side towards the back wall.

Check out this video posted earlier today in a thread about metal halide vs LED. Scroll through to the part where the guy talks in depth and demonstrates creating an open scape with rods and paver stones. This is just one method, you could still do a regular stack with just less rock and that would be fine

showpost.php

Back