180g Stand Canopy Build (for crewdawg1981)

RedEDGE2k1;597818 wrote: I used 3/4" B2 grade red oak. I bought it from Peachstate Lumber Products in Kennesaw, I believe it was around $55 a sheet. It's cheaper at Lowes/Home Depot ($45/sheet), but is C2 grade and doesn't look as nice.

Dustin
10-4. I know the place well. Thanks. Do you ever use poplar? I had some of that heavy color poplar in mind. Then finishing it clear. Do you think it would end up yellow?

Hook;598141 wrote: 10-4. I know the place well. Thanks. Do you ever use poplar? I had some of that heavy color poplar in mind. Then finishing it clear. Do you think it would end up yellow?
Yellow being undesireable by the way. :yuk:

Hook;598142 wrote: Yellow being undesireable by the way. :yuk:

Poplar plywood is pretty expensive, but if you want the rainbow of grain colors it's probably a good bet.

Dustin

RedEDGE2k1;599909 wrote: Poplar plywood is pretty expensive, but if you want the rainbow of grain colors it's probably a good bet.

Dustin

Thanks a heap! I have a family contact that works at a major trim distributor in town so I can get the family dicount on clear poplar trim and ply.
You ever do any distressed cabinet work? I have a few questions for you if so. Whatever color it is I want to distress it. My goal is to build a piece of furniture, a server looking piece then place a tank on top. But when the cabinet doors are opened you can see the structure inside. I don't want it to look like a standard tank stand. Since the equipment will be in a mechanical room behind the DT I can do shelves drawers or whatever in the front. Anyway. Didn't mean to hijack.

Back